Sunday, March 4, 2007

Cheap Labour

It was an entirely new and fresh experience. Some people may know, but I had a working experience (an attachment) recently. I've done it for about a month working as a helper in the accounting dept. My work started off at 8am till 5pm, $17/18 per day. My work consists of photo stating documents, filing (sorting out the Delivery order, Purchase order and Invoices- monotonous, endless, hard job!) and a final check-up of the calculation bit of a tender. I should say it's a hard job, looking at my colleague's eye-bags and exhausted face, I am fully aware of that. But on the other hand, although it was at a superficial level, it was a great experience to familiarise myself with business. The following lists the things I've learnt/understood from my work. I do not wish to discourage or offense people who reads this. It's simply MY OPINION:

  • Accounting won't be my profession forever!
  • Accounting is a tough job as it's repetitive- I got sick of looking at numbers and letters!
  • Nice colleagues- I noticed the office becomes soo quite when their boss is around but once she's gone the office turns into a jungle and my colleagues turns into monkeys. But they were really friendly and helped me a lot. Thanks!
  • Cheap labour but still better than ISB :P