Monday, October 1, 2007

Hectic and tiring day

OMG. I didn't realise how long I've stopped updating my blog:P So many things happened in a day, and I'm a little exhausted right now.

I haven't slept at all yesterday as I had to finish my achitecture hwk. I expected to finish before midnight but to my surprise it turned out not. The biggest mistake was that I was watching tv and doing my architecture task simultaneously. Each time I drew a line, I stopped to watch tv for 5mins, and repeated that for the whole night....how stupid of me. Although I didn't get to sleep, I was very talkative and hyper today at school and I think some people were intimidated by that. And not to a surprise, I was sound sleep in 2 classes. The class bored me to death and I just had to kill the time by sleeping:P I know it's not a clever idea but my mind was half spinning due to lack of sleep and I just had to take a nap. It's just so scary that I don't remember at which stage of the lesson I slept. My mind went totally blank as soon as I closed my eyes.
However, there was a lecture that captivated my attention and preveted me from sleeping during the class. The lecture was done by an art director of that prestigious Shiseido Company! During the lecture, we got to hear the background episode of the making of the recent shiseido commercials like this:
  1. http://www.shiseido.co.jp/mq/index.htm
  2. http://youtube.com/watch?v=nAqFgPOB25c (he said he designed the bikini of this commercial)
The lecturer we had was funky in many ways. His visual appearance was unique and catchy and his talking was entertaining. He made an effective speech which had put forth the message that taking any opportunities around you is a way of success and after his speech, I felt that he has put a lot of effort to get his current successful work and status. At the end of the lecture, I took a photo with him :) My camera phone is clear yah? good quality cos it's made in Japan!

Look at my eyebags. Look at my stiffening smile. Look at his hairstyle and fashion. When he told us that he went to an interview in his 'unique' fashion, and we all said 'huh!?' in front of him.

thats it for today.