Friday, June 1, 2007

Gee, what a way to start a new month

I was having a good sleep- infact a deep, deep sleep. Suddenly, I felt myself shaking side to side.

....Guess what, from 9am there was an earthquake here in Tsukuba.

It was my second time to experience the shake in Japan, and today was worse than the one before. And lets see what worse....it woke me up early in the morning!! I woke up an hour early than the alarm clock that was set. When I felt the shake, at first I thought it was some kind of hallucination but it was not...it was in reality. Although when I looked around (I was very calm that time- prolly because I'm still not aware of the disaster the earthquake can bring) I instantly felt that this earthquake is not a serious one..probably magnitude of 2 (my friends info). So what I did was to get back to sleep. Btw it was still shaking then :P

I forgot to mention last time but for the very first time, I saw a person being admonished by police officers. It was when I was waiting for a bus to get back to the dormitory after shopping in Tsukuba. A police car drove by right in front of me and stopped at the enterance of the train station, which was few meters away. Then a police officer came out holding a man's arm. I was astonished with the situation because:

  1. It was my first time to see a 'case'
  2. The man wasn't wearing pants (malu)

The man seemed to be refusing to get into the police car and the 2 officers were convincing him to get in. Gee, I wonder why he wasn't wearing pants...drunk? psyco? or what...idiot?